How does Qurbani work…the process?
- The animals are bought locally to sustain local farmers, reduce transport costs and any other costs.
- Place your order in your own name or on behalf of another with Sahulat Qurbani
- Working in the most impoverished regions of the world in South Asia, East Africa and the Middle East.
- Send Qurbani to a family in need
- You can be sure that Fresh Meat is delivered during the three days of Eid.
Who is Qurbani WAJIB upon? (According to Hanafi Fiqh)?
Qurbani is Obligatory upon every sane, mature Muslim man and woman who meet the financial threshold. Simply anyone who is able to give Zakat should give Qurbani.
How does Sahulat Qurbani select its animals for Qurbani?
We have a team of expert local farmers and Islamic scholars who ensure your Qurbani is performed according to Shariah (Islamic law). The animals are bought from various farmers and are bought in advance, looked after and then sacrificed. You can choose the animal which you want to sacrifice:
- A cow or buffalo (which is divided into 7 parts, this is the minimum size of Qurbani animal)
- A goat and sheep.
Do you need to give names when giving Qurbani?
It is permissible and rewarding according to Prophetic traditions. In a Hadith narrated by Sayyiduna Jaabir (May Allah be pleased with him) he reports that he read Eid-ul-Adha Prayer with the Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). After the Prayer a ram was bought to the Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) which he sacrificed. As he did so he pronounced ‘In the name of Allah; Allah is the greatest. O Lord! This sacrifice is from myself and from whoever has not made a sacrifice from my Ummah’. (Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal). So according to Prophetic traditions you can give Qurbani on behalf of loved one and those that have passed away. Sahulat Qurbani includes all the names in a collective prayer.
How is Qurbani programme performed?
Sahulat Qurbani holds various collective Qurbani points across its areas of implementation; we have thousands of experience volunteers who spend their Eid days ensuring Qurbani meat reaches the poor:
- As soon as Eid prayers have been offered, our expert team oversees the beginning of the Qurbani programme and sacrifice of animals.
- Qurbani meat is packed into bags and then delivered to location in which our field officers distribute meat to their local community.
- The second and third day of Eid-ul-Adha is in which we mainly distribute Qurbani meat to the beneficiary.
How does Sahulat Qurbani distribute Qurbani meat to the poor and needy?
Sahulat Qurbani assess the local situation on the ground, we provide meat to the following:
- The Aged to the disabled
- Those affected in the disaster areas
- Our team visits the homes of old people
- We visit the ill in hospitals.
How to make a donation for Qurbani?
- Call our donations team on +92 333 592 1189
- Donate online on SahulatQurbani.com
- Transfer the money into the Sahulat Qurbani Account
- Account Name: Crowns Field
- BANK:Summit Bank
- ACCOUNT NUMBER: 9926207140143194
- IBAN: pk11sumb
Sahulat Qurbani is a Project Of crownsField.pk In partnership with ECSR (economic social and cultural Rights Asia)